Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm Bored

There is a story that my mom tells about how I came home from second grade all in a tizzy because my teacher wanted me to read a book and then write a report to tell her about it. I told my mom that if she wanted to know what the book was about she could just read it herself. My mom explained to me that I will be reading the book and writing the report and I am to always do as the teachers instructs.

I could tell you about the time Courtney was in kindergarten and she had enough for the day and just packed her book bag up and told the teacher to call me to come and get her.

I could tell you about the time I got a call at work explaining that Courtney was participating in field day at school and, while she came in first, her partner came in last causing them to lose, so Courtney punched her. And after I explained to her that I got a call at work about her hitting she asked me if the school called the other girls’ mom because “SHE CAME IN LAST”.

I have a million other stores I could tell you, but I will tell you this:

Courtney has been asking her teacher in her 6th period class (the last class of the day) to go home. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now. It has ranged from a headache, stomach ache, just not feeling “good” to last week's excuse:

“I am just bored.”

Bored?

She told her teacher that her class was boring. This is Language Arts. You don’t tell THAT teacher you’re bored. You tell your Social Studies teacher you are bored! She is getting an A in the class. The teacher absolutely adores her.

I guess it is not enough to be doing well in the class. Apparently, she needs a three ring circus too!

3 comments:

  1. speaking from experience in being bored in class.... you can make great grades in a class and still be bored out of your mind cause it isnt challenging enough for you. ( and i happened to love social studies :) ) i was really bored in literacy in middle school and it turned out the class wasnt hard enough for me and that i neeed to be in an advanced class. Court is very smart and i bet she is just bored cause she needs something more challenging to do in there. just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She probably is bored. Nothing compares with the three ring circus at home. Besides, by the end of the day, her polite gene is all run out. She just wants to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom - her polite gene runs out before she leaves the house in the morning!

    ReplyDelete