Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Triple D

If anyone knows me, I mean really knows me, they know that I love to cook. I love to have people over or to bring something to work. I love it when people like what I made and tell me it is great. Don’t get that confused with baking. I hate baking. Meals are what I like to do.

Because I love to cook, I spend a lot of time watching the TV Food Network. My new favorite show is Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. The host is named Guy and he is funny. He goes all over the US eating at places that people have e-mailed him about and we get a behind the scenes look at the place.

When my parents came to visit us two years ago for Courtney’s baptism, my dad got off of the plane telling me of a BBQ place that he saw on TV that he had to go try. In his suitcase, was a printed map on how to get there from my house. How can you say no to someone who has done all the leg work?

So we go to Harold’s BBQ.

Now, as we are driving there, I kept seeing signs for a prison. We pull into the parking lot and there are bars on the windows. I was actually a little nervous. Scott wasn’t with me and my parents were, let’s face it, old. How were they going to protect me from the certain death that was coming my way from an escaped convict?

When we got inside there were business men in suits, there were regulars sitting at the counter talking to the owner, there were prison guards on their lunch break and there were no escaped convicts inside at all.

The food was the BEST BBQ I have ever had.

If you are ever in Georgia, eat at Harold’s. It will be one of the highlights of your trip.

The other will be seeing me!

1 comment:

  1. Parking lot?? It was a dirt field and the building was more like a small shack. Your dad and I always try to broaden your horizons with one of a kind experiences. On that particular day, we succeeded in grand style!

    ReplyDelete