Monday, October 26, 2009

There's Nothing Better Than Melted Peanut Butter

Last night Scott and I were trading stories about when we were little. And by trading stories, I mean he was telling stories and I was listening.
The story went something like this:

"My favorite lunch when I was little was peanut butter and jelly on toast, Doritos, pickles and chocolate milk. I would make it for myself every Saturday.

One Saturday, when my Aunt Carol and Uncle Dave were visiting us from Chicago, I was making my Saturday lunch. I was sitting on the counter. While my bread was toasting, I would place my knife on the hot coils of the toaster to heat it up, and then plunge it into the peanut butter and watch it melt. It was fun for two reasons - 1 it was melting the peanut butter and 2 it would vibrate while it was in the toaster all the way up my arm.

Uncle Dave happened to be walking through the kitchen as I had my knife in the toaster. He yelled at me and told me never to do that again. He told me that I could get electrocuted. He was not happy with me."

So I asked him if he ever did that again and he told me no. He figured since Uncle Dave was a paramedic, that he knew what he was talking about.

There are so many reasons my husband should not be alive right now. Most of them would be because of stupid things he has done growing up.

Thank goodness there was always some sort of “Uncle Dave” walking through at the right moment!

1 comment:

  1. Along with those many reasons is your husbands desire for fireworks! I am thankful for the "Uncle Dave's" as well...Without Scott and Mike...you & I would have never met! ;-)

    ReplyDelete