Friday, June 10, 2011

Simple Things

There is this little white church that sits in the middle of a field and you can see it from I75. It has a steeple and a cemetery.

We pass it every time we go to visit Scott's parents.

And if for some reason I am not paying attention, Scott points it out for me. And I always threaten to make him stop so I can take a picture of it to have for my own.

I don't know why, but I love that church.

It could be that it is picturesque. It could be that it is very simple, and I like simple things.

When we drive by I picture the people that attend there, or are buried there. I just know that they sing all of the old hymns...Amazing Grace, Shall We Gather At The River, The Old Rugged Cross...I have romanticized it in my head for so many years, that to go there now would, I am sure, ruin it for me.

Simple things....

Like my husband enjoying going fishing last night for an hour.

Like my daughter making a pencil box out of a cereal box that she saw on line.

Like laying in bed and watching the lightning bugs in the backyard.

All of those things, as simple as they are, make me happy.

And I think it is worth WAY more than all of the money in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment