Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Want To Be Loved Like That

Every Tuesday night I work at Weight Watchers.

It is in a shopping center that has a hobby store, a hair studio and a couple of restaurants.

Every Tuesday night, as I am getting my computer turned on and our meeting opened, I see a little old man pull into the same parking space. He gets out and walks around to the passenger side and opens the door for a little old lady. He is always in dress slacks and a pressed shirt. She is always in a dress. The walk together, holding hands, to the all you can eat southern buffet.

Every Tuesday night.

I imagine that they share a meal, as neither one of them are big people, but I don't know that.

I never see them leave, because I am knee deep in my job at that time, but I imagine that they shared a piece of pie and had a cup of coffee.

I love to watch them walk to the restaurant. I love the fact that he still holds her hand. It might be to keep each other from falling,but I choose to believe it is because he loves her and she loves him.

I hope when I am their age that Scott will still take me out and hold my hand.

And I hope we share a piece of pie.

And I hope we look just like that couple on Tuesday nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment