Thursday, February 18, 2010

Everybody Cut Footloose

I was driving home from work today, which takes me an hour, flipping through the radio stations looking for something - anything- that would make my ride home a little bit more enjoyable.

Then on comes FOOTLOOSE.

Whenever this song comes on I get so embarrassed.

I was in 9th grade (I think) when I was asked out by this boy. He went to a different school than me. His school was showing Footloose in the gym. It was a school night and my mom let me go.

When we walked into the gym, I was behind him. I had friends that went to that school and was looking for them and didn't notice that he had stopped walking.

And I walked right into the back of him. Hard.

How do you recover from something like that? You don't.

He never asked me out again.

I was so mortified when that happened. And it is so funny now.

It is funny how a song or a movie or a smell takes you right back to a place so many years ago.

Memories.....

No comments:

Post a Comment