Sunday, February 14, 2010

Back to Basics

I am a person who sets goals for herself, her work, her family...everything.

MOST of the time, if the goal is important to me, I meet the goal. Sometimes, I am late meeting it, but I meet it nonetheless.

Sometimes, I set unrealistic goals. And then, when they are not met, I beat myself up over not meeting them.

Lately, there has been, on my part, no goal setting. Usually, I arrive to work early, make my list of goals to accomplish that day, and then set out to accomplish them. But lately, I am lucky to get anything on to paper. My goal has been to make it through the day.

My life has been hard lately. I have been getting hit from all sides. Home, work, life...you name it.

But today I realized, and I don't know why today is the day I realized it, that maybe for me to get back on track, I need to get back to basics.

If my life is too busy, perhaps I should make it less busy.

If my work load is too much, perhaps I need to just focus on one task at a time until it is complete.

If family and friends are stressing me out, perhaps I need to distance myself from them.

So I am going back to basics. Back to what I know and start from there.

Hopefully, by simplifying the process, I can make leaps and bounds towards my goals in my head.

And maybe, just maybe, I will come out on the other side a little bit wiser and a whole lot better because I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment