Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things I Learned About Myself and My Family Being Snowed In

Here are some things I learned about myself and my family being snowed in (in no particular order):

1. Snow is pretty to look at and not that fun to be in

2. Courtney has no balance on a sledding device and even though you can tell her what to do, she will end up just a few feet away in the neighbors yard every. single. time.

3. Scott talks really loud when he is on the phone with his customers.

4. Watching the neighbor try to get his Corvette out of the driveway at 6:00 in the morning is quite entertaining.

5. Oliver likes the snow, Lucy does not.

6. You do more dishes when you are snowed in for two days then you do in an entire week of sunny weather.

7. Do not plan on going to the store for not only milk, bread and eggs, but apparently beer is in high demand when it snows. I can only assume that is because people need to be drunk to go outside in that temperature.

8. Dogs really do make yellow snow, and apparently some of our neighbors too!

9. There is nothing, I mean NOTHING good on TV from 9:00 am to 8:00pm during the week. I swear, how many shows can Maury have on Whose My Baby Daddy?

10. There is a definite difference between a snow shovel and a regular shovel. *Note to self* buy a snow shovel.

11. Snow can make the ugliest house look pretty. I bet the beer can make ugly things look pretty too!

12. Snowballs hurt and are not all fun like on TV.

13. Fake Ugh Boots do not stand up in the snow. Courtney proved that.

14. Having your husband take you to and from work because you are afraid to drive is not fun because he listens to a stupid ass morning show and you feel like you can't ask him not to listen to it since he is taking you to work and everything but the show is not funny and just makes the ride to work even more unenjoyable.

15. Snow sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment