Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Nobody Hangs Hard Times On The Wall


 

I was introduced to a song recently by someone whom I respect immensely.  Love Is War by American Young is a good song.  There was one line that stood out to me.  It is only mentioned once in the whole song.

Nobody hangs hard times on the wall.

Think about it.

When you walk into someone’s home, look around.  You are surrounded by smiling faces.  Wedding pictures.  New born babies.  Family reunions.  Artwork telling us to live, laugh and love.  Those moments caught on film that capture the perfectness of the day.  They are meant to stir feelings.  To show the world we are happy.

Nobody hangs hard times on the wall.

How would you feel or what would you think if you walked into someone’s house and there were just empty picture frames hanging there?  Or what if there were frames and the pictures were of people crying or sad?

I think sometimes we, or at least I, forget that hard times, make the good times that much better.  I think we, as a society, are too quick to walk away from those who we feel have wronged us.  Instead of sticking it out and working through it.  I think, personally, that we are moving toward a disposable world, and that we are applying that to human beings as well.

Sometimes love is a white flag
Sometimes love is standing tall
Sometimes love is a feather
Sometimes a cannon ball
But it's worth fighting for
Baby, sometimes love is war

My mom and I were having a conversation on a recent visit and I was talking about how there are so many things that I love about my husband and there are a handful that drive me crazy.  And she pointed out, as only a mother can do, that it is that way in EVERY relationship.  Marriage, friendship, co-workers. 

We have to make a choice.

If I only reach out to you when times are good, then, by my actions, I tell you that I only love you when things are good.  But If I reach out to you in the middle of your war, I hope the message I am sending is that you are THAT important to me.

So from this point forward – I choose war.

Because you are worth fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment