Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dreams

I don't dream.

Let me clarify that...if I do dream it is SELDOM that I remember them.

And I don't dream in color, everything is in black and white.

Monday night I dreamt A LOT. They were short dreams and I would wake up after each one, look at the clock to see how much time I had before I had to get up, fall back to sleep and go right back into another dream.

Crazy.

The last dream I had really bothered me. I dreamt that my best friend, Diana Kelly-Miller, had a baby boy (which she does, he is just in 1st grade, not a baby). I was at his Christening, which was at my home church (which is crazy, because she is Catholic and we aren't). I was carrying him and dropped him down the side of the wall at the back of the church and bloodied his face pretty good. He was crying when I picked him up and then I woke up.

It was 4:00am and I refused to go back to sleep after that. I really, really bothered me.

I haven't slept well since then because I am afraid that I am going to have that dream again.

SO this morning, I did some research on dreams through the wonderful world of GOOGLE. This is what came back on my search:

To dream of a crying baby symbolizes a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs to be nurtured. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life. If you dream that a baby is neglected, then it suggests that you are not paying enough attention to yourself. You are not utilizing your full potential. Alternatively, this dream could represent your fears about your own children and your ability to protect and to provide for them.

Oh....that clears it up!

Anybody who knows me, knows that I do not need to be nurtured, I can take care of myself. So we can rule out that.

Unfulfilled goals and lacking in my life...um....what? I have a husband, kid, house and job. That is more than a lot of people. So no...not that.

This dream just makes no sense to me. I wouldn't hurt a kid on the face of this earth and I would never drop them down a wall.

I just don't know why I cannot let this go.

All I know is I am tired and want to sleep, I am just afraid of what will happen when I do.

I liked it better when I didn't dream, or at least, didn't remember them!

No comments:

Post a Comment