Friday, July 15, 2011

Parent Handbook, Page 3

When I was growing up, my parents did not MAKE Jeff and I get a job. As long as our grades were good, they really did give us the money we needed for everything...going out with friends...clothes...everything.

However, that did not mean that my dad would not give us a guilt trip every time we asked for money.

When we asked for a few bucks, he would tell us to bring him his wallet. He would give us cash, and as we were thanking him, he would say "I will just go out to where the money tree grows and get some more." Every time!

Last week in our weekly sales meeting, the sales people were talking to the president of the company about offering an incentive for customers to order from us. A CASH incentive. Paul, the president, just sat there listening to every one's ideas. When there was a lull in conversation, a sales person used that opportunity to ask Paul what he thought. He said...

"I will just go out to where the money tree grows and get this for all of you."

I was taking a drink of water at that point, and it was all I could do NOT to spit it across the table.

I told him he just channeled my dad. He informed me that ALL dads use that phrase. That it is in the Parent Handbook.

Kinda made me miss being young...

Really made me miss my dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment