Friday, May 6, 2011

A Mother's Day Post

Random Things My Mother Taught Me:

1. How to stand on my head
2. To always extend my right hand when shaking someone’s hand and to look them in the eye NOT at their hand
3. You wear white from Memorial Day to Labor Day
4. When having my picture taken, to always stand with one foot forward
5. Butterfly kisses
6. That she was not put on this earth to entertain me
7. That she could rip my arm off and beat me with the bloody end should I do something wrong
8. That church was more important than a sleep over at someone’s house
9. When wearing open toed shoes, to always have my toe nails painted
10. That jewelry can pull together an outfit
11. That I can be friends with someone, or even related to someone, and not agree with them 100% of the time
12. That it truly is better to give than to receive
13. That there is a time I should speak up and a time to not say anything – even if I am right
14. To make my bed every day
15. That it doesn’t matter what a person looks like, it matters is how the person treats me
16. To spend $5.00 on a gift that someone would love rather than spend $50.00 on a gift just because it cost more
17. Going barefoot in the summer time
18. How to harmonize
19. How she didn’t enjoy her History classes when she was in school either, but I still had to pass them with a C or better
20. Don’t let anyone tell me I can’t do something just because I am a girl

Thanks, Mom!

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment