Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Thanksgiving Recap

For my family, Thanksgiving is the holiday that we travel to see everyone. We do a whirlwind trip that covers two states and a bunch of family.

This year was no different, but SO different than years past.

We usually leave on Thursday morning to go to Scott's parents house in South Georgia, but this year we left on Wednesday night. We were expecting TONS of traffic, but there was none.

This was our first Thanksgiving with Lucy, so we took her and introuduced her to Scott's family dogs. I was nervous, but she did great! She is an awesome car traveler, unlike Oliver.

Thursday morning, I got up early and walked a 5K for Toys for Tots. It was not my best time, but not my worst either. Right smack in the middle.

Scott's mom cooked an awesome dinner that night, and I was pretty impressed with how well I controlled my eating! No mashed potatoes or sweet potato casserole for me, but I did splurge and have some delicious dressing!! Judy made me a lemon pie from Weight Watchers that was REALLY good.

We all got up early Friday morning and drove to Tampa. This is the first year that Scott's parents have come with us. This is also the first year we went to Scott's grandparents house to visit. While we were there, Scott's Uncle Jimmy and his sons Ryan and Michael came. It was so nice to see all of them!

We left there and went to Scott's cousin, Trisha's house. This year her husband Alex was not there, he was traveling to see the Gators get BEAT DOWN by Florida State. But both of her kids, Lacia and Tyler were there, along with Scott's cousin, Richard, his partner, Stacia, their two boys, Logan and Rizon and Scott's Aunt Faye. We ate some very yummy left overs and played my new favorite game, Catch Phrase. Scott and I really had a good time!

We made the 4 hour drive home only to find that the person that was supposed to let out all 5 dogs a couple of times while we were gone did not do so. Imagine what we walked into at 1:00am....thank goodness my in-laws have tile flooring. 5 dogs inside for 17 hours..well, use your imagination.

Saturday, Judy and I went to the movies and saw Love and Other Drugs. Okay movie, not my favorite, but had great company. Scott, his dad, his brother and Courtney all stayed behind and shot their guns. I believe a microwave was the victim this year.

We ate a very yummy dinner of turkey sandwhiches and headed home. I drove and we listened to the Georgia/Georgia Tech game and to Courtney snoring in the back seat.

It was great to see everyone, even if only for a couple of hours.

I truly have very much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment